The financial security programs offered by La Luz help clients understand and acquire basic financial skills, including assistance with income tax returns, navigating Social Security benefits, and more. Business owners along the Highway 12 corridor in The Springs community of Sonoma have access to financial advice, coaching and workshops to become more efficient and successful. La Luz assists workers seeking new employment with online job searches, employment application and resume preparation, email set-up and basic computer assistance. In addition, a Microloan Program has been established for qualified clients.
Through its financial security programs, La Luz Center:
- Offers tax preparation services to low-income individuals and families
- Offers basic financial literacy workshops
- Offers assistance with employment navigation
- Offers microloans for small and start-up businesses
- Offers emergency economic support
- Assists individuals with Workers Compensation issues
- Provides workshops to assist small local businesses
- Offers services to low-income residents at Valley Oak Homes
- Provides assistance for disability services
- Provides job opportunities through online job board
- Provides basic construction certification for community
For information on Workshops and Classes, click here.